Friday 3 October 2014

Its beginning to look a lot like...Autumn!

Hi!

Its been looking very autumnal recently, so when I went out on a walk at the weekend to feed the ducks with some old bread (much more fun than throwing it away!)  I took my camera with my to take some pictures. I wanted to share with you a few of my favourite pictures. I'm no photographer, but I do enjoy taking the occasional picture :)




 

 




Every year I will usually collect a few conkers because I was told that they are a good repellent for spiders. Since I am deathly scared of the eight legged beasts, there hasn't been a spider season that has gone by that hasn't had my house filled with conkers in very corner. During my walk there were lots of conker trees so I decided to collect a few and see what I could do with them, other than using them to repel the spiders. Conkers come in all different shapes and sizes and have a really nice colour when they are nice a fresh, so I think they look great collected together in a glass bowl and put on the side as a cute little autumn decoration. Here it what you could do with just a few conkers and a very small amount of creativity skills! 



I think the conkers look really great between two candles - it gives it that extra touch and make it feel very autumnal! It could also be used as a really lovely centre piece if you are having a dinner party!




Conkers are so simple looking, i think they look equally as good on there own.



This just shows how you need hardly any creativity to be able to give yourself a unique, autumn themed centred piece! 

Cheerio!

7 comments:

  1. Autumn is here. Love the candles a lot. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think being able to decorate with candles is one of my favourite things about autumn!

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Autumn, it's the best season for sure, so beautiful <3 xx

    http://beautyoutlookxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery is amazing

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it it! Its one of my favourite places to walk! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so peaceful! What is that place ?
    And the conkers and spiders thing ? i never knew about it. I'm definitely trying that :D

    Thanks
    Sakshi | http://this-is-it-sg.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sakshi, its a canal walk close to where I live, its lovely! Yeah, apparently conkers keep the spiders away! Every year i have them dotted around the house, and even in my car sometimes! You have to make sure you pierce the conkers though so it lets out its oils :)
      Thanks for checking out my blog! If you would like to follow me, I'm on bloglovin,
      Alice x

      Delete