Tuesday 23 September 2014

Hello Blog & Hello Autumn

Hi! I'm Alice and welcome to my wonderland blog. Wonderland for me is filled with beautiful sparkley pretty things, cats in ever corner, chocolate bursting out of every cupboard and the ability to forget about all the great films you have ever seen so you can watch them all over again for the first time. Although its hard for me to be able to recreate this magic into the form of a blog, you can expect to see lots of pretty things, baked goods, the occasional cat, and just everyday life! So whoever you are, I hope you enjoy reading the  posts that can (hopefully) take you away to a little wonderland of your own!

Now that's out of the way, I thought I would start my first post by writing all about autumn, since today is officially the first day of autumn, and all my of favourite things it brings!


1. Of course it has to be the multicoloured leaves! The turning colours of the leaves just makes me so excited for cosy nights in, warm pj's and layering up! Hearing that crunching noise of the leaves under my feet always reminds me of being in primary school, when we used to go out on our annual walk to collect different coloured leaves and take them back to the classroom to draw them and write a cute little autumn poem with it. Oh i loved being young and carefree!


Would you look at that!? Ive been able to find an autumn cat related picture!



2. Chimney Sweeps. I don't actually have a fireplace myself, but my boyfriend has one at his house and I always like to make sure I am there when the chimney sweep is due for a visit! There is something very exciting and fascinating about it! It makes me super excited about lots of cosy nights in, lazing around the fire, dreaming of Christmas! Its also just very fascinating. Bringing in all that equipment and sticking various things up the chimney, always hoping that a huge black cloud will come falling down! Plus, it really reminds me of Mary Poppins, and who doesn't love to be reminded of that?!


3. Dark nail varnish. I love painting my nails, and there is something very satisfying about digging around for all my autumn/winter colours and dusting them off after the summer. 


4. Boots, scarfs, hats, leather gloves, jumpers..all things autumny in clothing! I am definitely an autumn/winter person when it comes to fashion.I much prefer to be in the cold rather than the heat when everything sticks to you and make you feel awful! I like being able to layer up with clothing and wear lush mustard, grey, dark green and black colours. I am always so desperate to take my scarf out when autumn comes round, asking people:"do you think its cold enough for a scarf yet??"


5. Homemade soup. I love it! My mum makes the best homemade soups and it just make me feel all warm and scrummy inside!


So there we go, my first post about all things autumn. Hope you enjoyed it!
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment